Wednesday 21 July 2010

It's a funny thing...

to be told to sit and rest when you don't feel like you are ill in the first place. I suppose there is a difference between resting because you are ill and resting to prevent yourself from getting ill in the first place. Today I am contemplative and in the mood to be inspired. On days like today I like to find something that makes me smile and think. SO I googled Dr. Seuss quotes and came up with some really good ones! I grew up with the good ol' doctor S and am firmly in love with him and his ideas of imagination and childhood. My most favourite stories included The Grinch, Green Eggs and Ham and Rings on Fingers Rings on Thumbs....and so many other amazing stories. The thing I loved about Dr. Seuss is that each story had a deeper meaning, yes they were fun rhyming books but they also inspired you to look at the bigger picture and think about the world around you. He challenged you to use your imagination to it's fullest extent and when you finished reading you half expected to walk outside your door in the winter and be greeted by a Who   or on holiday in a hot place to find an ellephant named Horton :) so I thought I would include just a few of those wonderful quotes I found today and share them with you! They made me smile and laugh and sit and think about my imagination and how I want Maggie to have just as big an imagination as I have if not a greater one (although that I am sure is a very hard task lol)


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."


"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."





"A person's a person, no matter how small."



(Horton Hears a Who!)


"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."



 (I Can Read with My Eyes Shut)


"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"







"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."







"You're off to Great Places!



Today is your day!


Your mountain is waiting,


So... get on your way!"


 (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)


"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!"







"So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains."



 (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)


"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,



stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."


 (How the Grinch Stole Christmas!)


"I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny."



 (The Cat in the Hat)


"So...



be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray


or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,


you're off to Great Places!


Today is your day!


Your mountain is waiting.


So...get on your way!"


 (Oh, the Places You'll Go!)



No comments: