Saturday 20 February 2010

Overwhelmed

Today I got this gushing feeling of complete adoration for my daughter. Ok I know I talk about her all the time and I talk about my ongoing issues with being a mother but today was sooo sweet. She was in the kitchen reorganizing my pantry cupboard that has pasta and rice and beans and all sorts of packets and tins and things that make noise when you shake them...all amazingly fun to use when you are nearly 18 months old. I looked across at this baby and she was sitting just how I sit leaning in with a look of such concentration at the cupboard of food and muttering baby noises to herself. I fell in love with her all over again. I do this quite often on a daily basis...I think if you take time to let them explore, to let them be independent they will learn quicker and be more secure in themselves. I am of course there behind her picking up the jar of curry before it lands on the floorr and splatters, I am there to roll the jar of nutmeg back and forth with her and I am there making sure that the jar of syrup stays shut. BUT it is her that sits there for ages just content to explore and I love this about Maggie. She is content to sit and play on her own, she is content to climb in and out of a cupboard and to walk around the kitchen like it is her own personal space. Which in a sense it is. I adore the fact that she turns around and scrunches up her face at me and she looks just like me when I scrunch up my face. Without a doubt in my mind I know that we will be ok and that I love her more then my life istelf. She is my reason!

No comments: