Thursday 6 January 2011

January?? Already??


So it is January! Goodness me! Well first of all Happy New Year and Happy Holidays! I hope all of you enjoyed your time together with your families. Ours was a time blessed with Yorkshire family, and our own little family unit! We woke up at our house christmas morning and enjoyed breakfast and opened pressies then drove up to yorkshire to see Steve's family. We realized when we were there that we had forgotten the travel cot so we had 4 in the bed at one point and only Maggie asleep :) lol hmm we did come home a day early due to weather warnings and due to the fact that I was going insane trying to keep Maggie out of all of Fredas breakable things. It was a lovely time...then we had a nice new years eve here at the house and it is now 2011! Today was so eventful I went out and worked in the garden and planted some bulbs, cut back the dead growth and Steve put our greenhouse together! So far I am filled with hope for the year, it is full of new chances, and new opportunities. I am moving into a new job role, I am a new mommy, Steve and I have been married for 7 years and so a new phase of our marriage and a more mature outlook into our future as a whole. Maggie is at that point where she is a sponge and is taking in everything she is given and responding amazingly. She learns so quickly these days and has grownup conversations. I had a conversation with my health visitor today and she told me what my mom has been telling me all along. I don't have Severe PND I have PND tendencies and am not getting enough sleep which is understandable with a baby who eats all night long. Speaking of which...she is getting much better and only wakes once or twice and the colic does seem to be easing a bit which is such a relief. I am inspired this month to start pumping again and start introducing Aimee to a bottle every now and again and that will help when I go back to work and if we want to go out to dinner and get a sitter. (AS IF THAT WILL HAPPEN RIGHT?) but yeah it will be good! So looking forward in peace and hope and acting in faith that God is going to keep us happy and healthy. Ohh I am a bit concerned about all of the swine flu fluff about but I am claiming health over my family and myself and praying for complete protection.

No comments: