Friday 17 December 2010

Christmastime!

Aw I love this time of year! The lights, the smells, the colours, the feel of Jack Frost nipping at my nose lol...it's wonderful. This year is interesting because I am making my Christmas presents and am finding that I am running out of time lol ;) I still have things to cover in fabric and flowers to create, cookies to bake and things to stick on other things. It will get done though I am sure. All of a sudden I am very tired. No actually that's not true I am exhausted. Aimee has decided that I am her dummy/pacifier so she will not stop crying unless she latches on to me. So at night she is on me for a large part of the night. This morning I have had 3 cups of coffee and still feel like I am in a fog. I'm sure it will get better and I am sure that God will give me some strength and energy...I am desperate for some energy. On a more positive note this weekend is a Christmasey weekend Maggie and I need to make a Santa's workshop and Aimee may spend the whole weekend in the Moby as I will need to be hands free to do lots of making and sticking. THe Moby is fantastic! A friend gave it to our Pastors wife back home and she couldn't use it so she passed it on to me and I adore it....it is so handy and Aimee loves being snug against me. I tend to get warm in it so I wear a tanktop and put her in a vest with leggings and she is happy as Larry. IT also leaves me free to help Maggie do things and play. We played with our camera the other day and figured out the self timer thing and managed to get a family photo! It is a very funny one and typical that Aimee and Maggie wouldnt co operate lol but it is the 4 of us none the less....my sister is so good at digital funstuff and has made it into a christmas card for me, it's gorgeous! Umm oh yes and our carol service at our new church is this sunday so I am really excited for that. We managed to find a church family that is so lovely and warm and so welcoming that after our first sunday we decided it was our new home...however due to illness and colic we haven't had a chance to go back but I am determined to get back into it. I miss church and church family. The pastor there is gorgeous and his family is the ministry team, they are so lovely and really personal! I took Aimee to see the health visitor yesterday to be wieghed and have a checkup and she has gone up two whole lines in her weight! She now weighs 9lb4oz! They did a quick evaluation on me as well and decided some other bits but I am not even discussing them untill after Christmas as they aren't full of joy and good tidings and I am giving God a chance to fix them for me :) Nothing too worisome just things that are connected with being a fulltime mummy and wife and from the previous pregnancy that didn't get resolved. It's just satan trying to worm his way into our lives and it isn't going to happen. God is a God of healing and restoration and I believe He is going to heal and restore me. I am not going to allow silliness to creep in and make me into a person I refuse to be. I just don't accept it.  So not alot to do for Christmas, a few stocking stuffers to get but am done! Okkkkkkk now back to life just wanted a quick update. xxx Mara

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Cute Christmas card! Happy Christmas Slaters!