Sunday 9 January 2011

Getting creative!

So this is a new year and a new chance to try out my creative side. Recently we removed the top half of our French dresser as I was terrified that Maggie would pull it over on top of herself and end up really really hurt if not dead and it terrified me. So we moved it downstairs into the cellar for the next 16 years ;) lol but this left a big white wall for me to fill! I love the idea of showing off Maggie's millions of artistic designs that she comes home with from nursery and the ones that we do on our Saturdays off together but don't really have space to put them up, they end up on our cupboard doors and fall off and sadly end up crumpled. SO I am making a giant notice board to go on the wall where the dresser was. I am making one of those fabric one's with the ribbon that criss crosses across itself and you tuck bits and pieces into it. One side will be artwork the other will be a corkboard to put important remember bits in it. Since I have decorated the room in blue Toile de Joi I am getting some fabric in that print for my board! I am so excited about this.  Let me see what else am I doing....umm oh yes we are trading bedrooms with Maggie as our current one is slightly bigger and will be perfect for when the girls start to share their bedroom and need more space so I am also currently looking for storage solutions that will maximise our space. I am thinking one of those over the bed shelving units that come down the side sort of surrounding the bed? Also we are moving a super tall bookcase into the room so we have space to put bits and bobs. I am looking for a wardrobe that I can refurnish and repaint as we have to leave OURS in the girls room since they are too big. I am just brimming with creative juices and can't wait to start. I am also getting ready to do some planting I just need to pick up some dirt from the shop and plant up my starts for the greenhouse. To begin with I am going to do salad leaves, cabbage, and herbs with some tomatos as well and then will move on to starting my pumpkins and squash once my others have taken off. Really looking forward to all of these things! Lets hope I don't run out of puff and give up. Will post pictures as I go along.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

yes, please post pictures! I love before and afters.
One idea I have to share, which I saw at a friends house for little people's master pieces is to get a picture frame on the wall that you put a painting in. You can change it every month. Then you can put them in a scrap book when you are done. Just something I saw that I would pass along! Happy New Year!