Friday 7 January 2011

the mouths of babes...

lately Maggie has been learning new words and is able to have conversations with me, profound ones that show me she is growing up and understanding the world around her. I make a point to pray over my girls audibly so they know what is going on and can learn faith through physical act not from reading or hearing about it. Today was day 4 of Maggie not going for a pooh, and I know that she is little and these things aren't seriously huge to most people but I get upset when she bumps her elbows, so to see her in this much pain and doubled over trying to pooh was tearing me up. Last night we found a lump on her tummy and I was so worried about it. So this morning while waiting for the dr's to ring us back and make an apt to see her and check the lump I decided to pray over her. So while she was laid down I put her hand, Aimee's hand and my hand over her tummy where the lump was and I said to her "Maggie we are going to pray to Jesus and ask Him to make you feel better and make your pooh come out." every time I pray I remind her that Jesus is the one who kept her safe while she was in hospital and the one who kept Mummy safe when Aimee was in my tummy, I don't know if she gets this but I want her to learn to be thankful in prayer...so anyways we prayed over her tummy with her doing some of the prayers and then we finished. Before we left for the drs she did a pooh! Then throughout the day she did a few more and was feeling so much better and her lump was going down hugely. AMAZING. We were sat having her tea and she looked over at m and said "happy birthday baby Jesus" and  I smiled and said \"yes Mags it was Jesus birthday that's right"  and then she said and I wanted to cry... "Baby Jesus big...baby Jesus fixed Maggie tummy"  That right there, that moment in time I was dumbstruck by the realization that my teeny tiny dot of a toddler recognized that Jesus healed her! You know you pray for your kids, you claim things in their names and you stand in the gap for them...it's tiring and devastatingly exhausting but that simple statement made it worth it. She is going to be something big one day!!

No comments: