Thursday 13 January 2011

Zombie Momma

Aimee had her shots on Tuesday and we gave her calpol and she was fine, she slept amazingly well tuesday night and was a really good baby on weds. So we thought nothing of it....last night come bedtime she started getting fidgety and then the fidgety turned into outright fussing and screaming. She didn't want to nurse and she didn't want to lay down, she didn't want me to sit down either. I ended up being sent downstairs to sleep on the couch as we didnt want Maggie to wake up and Steve had to get up for work. So there I was trying to get this baby to sleep! Eventually at 6am she settled down and went to sleep but it was such a long night! Maggie woke up at 9am and was raring to go...but I think she could sense how tired I was because she behaved amazingly well. After she had her breakfast and watched some 'Beebies I got her dressed and took her to nursery. I came home and fed the baby and had breakfast and then fed her again and then I came upstairs changed her winded her and laid her down in a safe place. I was so ready for a rest! She wriggled about for a little while and then settled down herself and allowed me to take an hour nap! AMAZING then we had lunch with Steve and I came upstairs for a shower. This is the first time she has let me take a shower, normally she gets bored and I end up stepping out of the shower with my hair half washed or one leg shaved ;) this time however I managed to have a shower, wash my hair, shave my legs, brush my teeth and apply my hair balm (darn  you frizzy hair!!) all the while she stayed happily in her bouncer. She has been dozing off and on throughout the day so I am a little nervous about tonight but I can always nap tomorow. I feel a bit more refreshed and not so much like a Zombie but still on the verge and I have no clue what to do for tea. Was going to have left over roast beef but it turns out it was mainly fat and not much meat so there wasn't much worth making. Possibly stop and get some pizza after I get Mags tonight it's quick and easy or maybe I can get Stanley to bring home something quick. Yes better idea seeing as how he is the one working there lol. So yeah fingers crossed that she sleeps tonight. I am trying to get her used to sleeping in her big girl bed and so her naps have been meanly interupted by me putting her down and her wondering how she got from warm boob to cool sheets and wooden bars :) I'm sure she will survive lol

No comments: