Sunday 22 August 2010

morning reading

So I have been waking up consistently at 4am every morning. Not awake enough to get up and do housework but too awake to just lay there. So I have been reaching for my Bible and the other evening when I was doing my devotions I found Psalm 91 really good so every morning that I wake up I reach for my Bible and read this. I am loving it and it is helping me so much. Full of promises that really fit our life right now. I thought I would share it with you.

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High


will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. [a]



2 I will say [b] of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,

my God, in whom I trust."



3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare

and from the deadly pestilence.



4 He will cover you with his feathers,

and under his wings you will find refuge;

his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.



5 You will not fear the terror of night,

nor the arrow that flies by day,



6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,

nor the plague that destroys at midday.



7 A thousand may fall at your side,

ten thousand at your right hand,

but it will not come near you.



8 You will only observe with your eyes

and see the punishment of the wicked.



9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—


even the LORD, who is my refuge-






10 then no harm will befall you,


no disaster will come near your tent.



11 For he will command his angels concerning you

to guard you in all your ways;



12 they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.



13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;

you will trample the great lion and the serpent.



14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;


I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.






15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;


I will be with him in trouble,


I will deliver him and honor him.






16 With long life will I satisfy him


and show him my salvation."

 
I mean how cool is this! He is promising to look after me and to protect me, to hide me under His wings. All because I am trusting in Him! I haven't got any other choice then to trust Him. I either trust in Him or curl up in a ball and cry. So I choose trusting in Him! I hope this passage blesses you as much as it does me. Enjoy your week and be blessed!
This week I would apreciate extra prayer as it is our week 29 the week Maggie was born and it is a week where I will be on tender hooks as I wait for week 30 to get here. Thanks! M xx

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Beautiful. I am so glad you found comfprt in that - I did too. I am so thankful for our friendship x