Tuesday 26 January 2010

Not a baby anymore :(


After getting Maggie dressed and ready for nursery yesterday, I settled her next to steve so I could get ready, and then I took a step back and looked at her. I came to the sudden realization something that has been creeping up on me slowly lately. She isnt a baby anymore. She is a toddler. She is feeding herself, thinking for herself, trying to walk, and so independent. It is so amazing to see how far she has come and how amazing she has done! My angel is a big girl now...she now chooses when she wants a hug and when she wants a kiss....the other day she was laying on my chest and she took her nunu out and reached up with a bird like face and planted a big kiss on my lips without any persuading or asking she just kissed me and said "mumah!"  (that's what she calls me) I know that there will be so many moments in our life together where I will be proud to bursting but this week I am proud to bursting with her! She is perfect in every way and will always be my baby no matter how big or rolly polly she gets. It's funny isnt it, I have always considered myself an ice queen I don't "do" emotions, but she has the ability to reduce me to blubber with a simple kiss. I love you Maggie-May!

No comments: