Friday 22 January 2010

My new role:


I am now absolutley loving my new role as a full time mummy and part time nursery nurse! Maggie really seems to be bonding more with me and connecting more with me. I am finding that her speech is all of a sudden blossoming! I do make a point to talk to her constantly and explain all the process's of what I am doing whether it is the laundry, making a cup of tea or doing meals. I explain each step and then she repeats little words that I say. She is also starting to become more independent and more inquisitive. I thought at first I would maybe leave her at nursery for the odd afternoon and mornings BUT I hate it when I leave her there so now lately I bring her home and we hang out together. I grew up with my mom at home all the time and I never realized how blessed I was. She was lucky enough to not have to work alot and we grew up happy in the knowledge that she was always there. Now that I have Maggie  I sometimes get upset knowing that if she falls over at nursery it isnt me who picks her up and if she takes her first steps there I might not get to see her take them. I think that is why I take her home whenever I can. She is at that age where she is fun and interacts more. We recently got a child in our room who is the same age as Maggie and it scares me because it means it won't be long untill she will be in my room. :( She is growing up! And she is doing so well while she grows. Well done Ms. Maggie May! xx

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I'm so glad that get to be with the little bean even more now. I love how much you enjoy being a mummy.I hope I will get to know what that feels like one day!