Thursday 24 June 2010

My nest

I am a homebody I always have been and most probably always will be. I love the feeling of being at home in my house. I love knowing that when I close my door after a long day that This SPACE is mine and nothing can harm me, nothing can upset me without my consent and nothing can get in the way of my solace. Home should be a place of rest, of tranquility, of love, and of peace. It should be a family place that encourages growth and happiness. It should be a place of worship and a place of honour and true love. I think that no matter what you live in as long as you have these things then your house will become a home with time. We were blessed to find our house and to feel at home in it instantly.  I believe that a home is somewhere that you kick your shoes and socks off, you grab your brew whatever it is that you drink, and you make yourself at home. If you want to watch tv then please feel free, if you want to lay down and rest go ahead, if you want to go toodle about in the garden it is a safe garden with life growing inside of it...I don't have many rules in my home I believe that people take more time to fix then things and things tend to be replaceable friendships aren't.  If you spill/break or damage something depending on what it is I am not going to go ape at you I will just shrug and take it as a lesson learned and then giggle when we discuss it later over wine :) a home is about people, it's about friendship and it's about keeping things real. I also have an honesty rule in my home...you are entitled to your opinion but please give me the curtesy and respect I deserve by telling me the truth and don't lie to me.  Also a simple one is before bed I lay a hand on Maggie's door and pray a hedge of protection around her and the rest of the house. It is just my thing...you know?  One very important and last rule is Be Yourself.....I hate people coming into my home and trying to pass themselves off as something they aren't. I don't care who you are at work, what you earn and where you are from....I care about you as a person and you as a human being....not a human doing :) I have been contemplating home alot recently and these are my thoughts so far. I am sure there will be more eventually! xx

No comments: