Tuesday 12 April 2011

remember when??

Ok so I am getting ready to read my Country Living Magazine and got the giggles as I sit down with my cup of tea and magazine..before husband and children I would be the first to buy my Cosmo and diet coke, I would sprawl out wherever with Amy and Abby munching our way through platters of pickles, and brownies  and we would do all of the quizzes and giggle as we read all of the "grownup" subjects and whisper about how we would never be caught dead in those outfits lol but what fun right? Nowadays I get my magazine through the letter box and I'm like "woohoo country living!" I'm just amused at how much I have changed...now when I look at a magazine it's like "hmmm I wonder how hard it would be to make a chicken coop in the garden shed?" and "oh wow an offer for 500 tulip bulbs" whereas before it was "hmm I wonder how hard it would be to convert my closet into a dressing room" lol and "oh wow a offer on lipgloss!"  haha anyways it just struck me as silly. Hey ho but I do want some chickens in my garden, just a few, and maybe a rabbit or two? Still working on the puppy request so far its still a NO but I really think we need one ;) heehee ok that's all for now I'm going to go enjoy my country living magazine!

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

I have a similar feeling when I get more excited about a trip to Crate and Barrel or Bed Bath and Beyond than I do to Old Navy or other clothes shops!
I guess our passions just change to fit our lives.
A puppy sounds like a wonderful idea - I hope you can twist Steve's arm!!

Raising Country said...

I haven't visited your blog lately. Just had to say I so know where you are at in life...
I find myself relating to you alot. I often think to myself: "been there", or "oh, I am so there too!" Bobby has let me get a couple puppies in our 8 yrs together, but I am still working on him with the chicken idea. Wish me luck as I am sending thoughts of baby chicks your way! God Bless you and your adorable little family!